Expertise of Ambiotis
Ambiotis is a research-based company specialized in well-being and tissue homeostasis. Inflammatory components are described in most skin troubles from irritations up to psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and aging.
Ambiotis has thus developed a broad range of innovative cellular tests to evaluate the efficiency of active ingredients on skin protection against homeostasis rupture, pollution, ageing, irritations, scars, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis…
Innovative concepts for dermo-cosmetic products
We can also address chronobiology, oxidative stress… Do not hesitate to ask for more informations
How to evaluate actives for skin protection against homeostasis rupture, pollution, aging, skin diseases…?
Inflammation is a natural response of the tissue to irritation or rupture of microbiota balance and proliferation of unwanted microorganisms. If correctly controlled, it leads to resolution and allow the tissue to go back to homeostasis.
Resolution is characterized by the natural and sequential synthesis of specialized mediators (resolvins, protectins, lipoxins, maresins) or SPMs. These mediators are essential to induce correct healing, maintain tissue balance and avoid skin discomfort, scars or even chronic inflammation.
SPMs have known biological and beneficial activities in many inflammatory contexts including aging, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, tissue healing and soothing.
Il est ainsi devenu essentiel de compléter l'approche anti-inflammatoire (évaluer les effets inhibiteurs d’ingrédients sur la production de médiateurs pro-inflammatoires) d'une approche pro-résolution (évaluer les effets activateurs d’ingrédients sur la production de résolvines, protectines, marésines et lipoxines) afin de contrôler la restauration effective du tissu.
It has thus become essential to complete an anti-inflammatory approach (evaluate inhibitory effects of ingredients on pro-inflammatory mediators) with a pro-resolution one (evaluate activating effects of ingredients on resolvin, protectin, maresin and lipoxin production) to ensure an effective tissue restoration.
From screening to efficacy validation
Active screening and positioning
Thanks to an array based on RT-qPCR and the possibility to completely customize the design of experimental conditions and the genes of interest, all ideas can be tested:
- Classify your compound library on their impact on cell differentiation, defence, oxidative stress, inflammation, hydration…
- Screen several actives on a specific activity to find candidate (aging, inflammation, resolution, skin elasticity…)
- Characterize a biological process in kinetic
- Compare different models (different cell types, reconstructed skin, explants…) on specific pathways or activity
- Find new activities for a compound for repositioning purposes
Functional assays to validate actives
Evaluate your actives on their ability to protect skin health in your interest area (pollution, acne …) while specifying:
- Impact on skin compartment (epidermis, dermis)
- Crosstalk between cells within same compartment of from different compartment (fibroblasts/macrophages; Langerhans cells/keratinocytes…)
- Role of immune cells on skin health and beauty
Cell-based assays: human primary cell models
- Pre-adipocytes and adipocytes
- Immunity cells (dendritic and Langerhans cells, monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, lymphocytes)
- Co-culture to mimic skin compartment
- Reconstructed human skin
- Skin explant
Senescence can be chemically induced in skin cells.
Donors can be chosen based on their age and sex.
- Skin and sebum lipids : squalene, fatty acids (saturated, mono/poly-unsaturated …), sapienic acid, sebaleic acid, cholesterol, sterols, triglycerides, phospholipids, ceramides
- Eicosanoids (Inflammatory mediators, SPMs)
Techniques: LC-MS/MS or GC-FID
Cytokine and chemokines
- Inflammatory cytokines and chemokines
- Anti-inflammatory cytokines
Techniques: ELISA, Milliplex, Flow cytometry
Single gene expression
Profiling using microfluidic dynamic array
Oxidative stress markers
- Reactive oxygen species
Techniques: Luminometry (real-time assays,) Flow Cytometry (accumulation), Fluorometry, Mass spectrometry
Cells and Tissues
Techniques: Flow cytometry, Histology
Ways of working with us
Step 1: your need
- Understanding of your need
- Orientation toward the relevant work package
- analytical package : provide us with samples to be analyzed
- model-based package : provide us with your compounds to evaluate
- Customized development
- Scientific consulting
Step 2: our collaboration
- Performance of services according milestones and go/no go steps
- Regular follow-up
Step 3: your results
- Scientific feedback through webex conference
- Final report
- Follow up